Friday, May 14, 2010

What It Isnt...


Lately I have noticed the way television has made its attempt to reenact the average teenage life. Personally, I have become pretty annoyed with the far-fetched portrayal of kids today. TV shows like "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life of Zach and Cody" I think are some of the worst representations of Teen life. Although "The secret Life" does the best job at making things a bit more believable, I really cant stand the show. It seems like all the kids on that show do is talk about sex. I dont know about you, but my friends and i prefer to talk about other things every once in awhile. Next we have "Hannah Montana". I'm sure i dont have to even state how riddiculously far-fetched this show is. Finally, there is "The Suite Life". I am guilty of watching this show ever once in awhile, however, there are things about this show even i detest. In "The Suite Life" as well as many other TV shows, the teenagers are depicted doing whatever they want. They shop. They travel. They go wherever they want. I would just like to know what kind of parents these kids have and where they get all their cash?! Yeah, that's something they dont show ya in the shows, huh? So, in conclusion, i really just wanted to point out that life is much different than what it appears to be on TV (you know, in case you didnt already know that)

No comments:

Post a Comment